WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER THIRTEEN
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 07 DECEMBER 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
TYPHOON “RUBY” HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENED AND IS NOW IN THE VICINITY OF CATBALOGAN CITY, SAMAR.
• Expected Second landfall: This morning in the vicinity of Masbate and it will be associated with strong winds, storm surge (up to 3 meters) and heavy to torrential rainfall.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 10 – >30 mm per hour (heavy – torrential) within the 500 km diameter of the typhoon.
• “RUBY” and the Northeast Monsoon will bring rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Luzon and Visayas and over the northern seaboard of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small seacraft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards.
• Expected to Exit PAR: Wednesday early morning.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “RUBY” was located based on all available data including Virac and Cebu Doppler radars in the vicinity of Calbayog City or at 40 km Northwest of Catbalogan City, Samar (12.0°N, 124.6°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 160 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 195 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 15 kph.
• 24 hour (tomorrow morning): 55 km Southeast of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
• 48 hour (Tuesday morning): 335 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
• 72 hour (Wednesday Morning): 570 km West of Coron, Palawan
Public Storm Warning Signal #3
(Winds of 101-185 kph is expected in at least 18 hrs)
LUZON: Romblon, Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, Albay, Sorsogon and Masbate including Burias and Ticao Island
VISAYAS: Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar, Leyte and Biliran.
• Residents in low-lying and mountainous areas are alerted against flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 3 meters.
• Heavy damage to agricultural plantation, medium and large trees maybe uprooted
• Considerable damage to structure of light to medium construction, while, majority of nipa and cogon houses unroofed or destroyed
• Severe damage to Billboards & signages
• Evacuation to a safer shelters is highly recommended
• Electrical power distribution and communication services maybe severely disrupted
Public Storm Warning Signal #2
(Winds of 61-100 kph is expected in at least 24 hrs)
LUZON: Camarines Norte, Southern Quezon, Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro, Occidental Mindoro Laguna and Batangas
VISAYAS: Northern Antique, Aklan, Semirara Grp. of Islands, Capiz, Northern Iloilo, Northern Cebu including Cebu City, Southern Leyte, Bantayan and Camotes Islands
• Residents in low-lying and mountainous areas are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 2 meters
• Rice and corn maybe adversely affected
• Few large trees uprooted
• Large number of nipa and cogon houses partially or totally unroofed and old galvanized iron roofs may roll off
• Billboards/Signage may roll off
• Travel by all types of sea vessels and aircrafts are risky
Public Storm Warning Signal #1
(Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hrs)
LUZON: Pampanga, Bulacan, Rest of Quezon, Rizal,Bataan, Cavite, Lubang Island, Calamian Group of Islands, Cuyo and Metro Manila
VISAYAS: Rest of Antique,Rest of Iloilo, Guimaras, Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, Rest of Cebu and Bohol.
MINDANAO: Surigao del Norte including Siargao Island and Dinagat Province.
• These areas will have occasional rains with occasional gusty winds.
• Twigs and branches of trees maybe broken
• Some banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
• Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
• Some nipa and cogon houses maybe partially unroofed
• Sea travel of small sea crafts and fishing boats is risky
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.
Incoming search terms:
- bagyo rubby in the philippines (1)
- damage of typhoon ruby in catbalogan samar (1)