SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN No. 14
FOR: TYPHOON “RUBY” (HAGUPIT)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 11:00 AM, 07 DECEMBER 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today)
TYPHOON “RUBY” HAS MADE LANDFALL OVER CATAINGAN, MASBATE.
• Expected third landfall: Sibuyan Island between 8-10 PM tonight and it will be associated with strong winds, storm surge and heavy to torrential rainfall.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 10 – >30 mm per hour (heavy – torrential) within the 500 km diameter of the typhoon.
• “RUBY” and the Northeast Monsoon will cause rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Luzon and Visayas and over the northern seaboard of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small sea craft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards.
• Expected to Exit PAR: Wednesday morning.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “RUBY” was located based on all available data including Cebu Doppler radar at 20 km East of Cataingan, Masbate (12.0°N, 124.1°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 140 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 170 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 15 kph.
• 24 hour (tomorrow morning): 20 km Southwest of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro or at 150 km South of Science Garden, Quezon City.
• 48 hour (Tuesday morning): 260 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro or at 260 km West Southwest of Science Garden, Quezon City.
• 72 hour (Wednesday Morning): 520 km West Southwest of Iba, Zambales.
Public Storm Warning Signal #3
(Winds of 101-185 kph is expected in at least 18 hrs)
LUZON: Masbate including Ticao and Burias Island, Sorsogon, Albay, and Romblon
VISAYAS: Northern Samar and Samar.
•These areas will have stormy weather. Residents in low-lying and mountainous areas are alerted against flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 3 meters.
• Heavy damage to agricultural plantation, medium and large trees maybe uprooted
• Considerable damage to structure of light to medium construction, while, majority of nipa and cogon houses unroofed or destroyed
• Severe damage to Billboards & signages
• Evacuation to a safer shelters is highly recommended
• Electrical power distribution and communication services maybe severely disrupted
Public Storm Warning Signal #2
(Winds of 61-100 kph is expected in at least 24 hrs)
LUZON: Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Southern Quezon, Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro and Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island.
VISAYAS: Aklan, Capiz, Northern Cebu including Cebu City and Bantayan Island, Eastern Samar, Biliran, Leyte and Southern Leyte.
• These areas will have stormy weather. Residents in low-lying and mountainous areas are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 2 meters.
• Rice and corn maybe adversely affected
• Few large trees uprooted
• Large number of nipa and cogon houses partially or totally unroofed and old galvanized iron roofs may roll off
• Billboards/Signage may roll off
• Travel by all types of sea vessels and aircrafts are risky
Public Storm Warning Signal #1
(Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hrs)
LUZON: Rest of Quezon, Rizal, Pampanga, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Zambales, Bataan, Northern Palawan and Metro Manila.
VISAYAS: Antique, Iloilo, Rest of Cebu and Bohol.
MINDANAO: Dinagat Province and Siargao Island.
• These areas will have occasional rains with occasional gusty winds.
• Twigs and branches of trees maybe broken
• Some banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
• Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
• Some nipa and cogon houses maybe partially unroofed
• Sea travel of small sea crafts and fishing boats is risky
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today.
Incoming search terms:
- bagyo mqnila (1)
- bagyo ruby cataingan masbate (1)
- cebu hagupit typhon (1)
- typhoon ruby forecast hourly (1)
- typhoon storm serge in masbate (1)