WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER THREE
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING: TYPHOON “?#?RubyPH?”
ISSUED AT 5:00 PM, 04 DECEMBER 2014
TYPHOON “RUBY” HAS INTENSIFIED FURTHER AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE WEST NORTHWEST TOWARDS EASTERN VISAYAS.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 PM today, the center of Typhoon “RUBY” was located based on all available data at 720 km East of Surigao City (10.6°N, 132.0°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 205 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 240 kph
Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 15 kph.
Typhoon “RUBY” is expected to be at 360 km East East of Guiuan, Eastern Samar tomorrow afternoon. By Saturday afternoon, it is expected to make landfall over the Eastern Samar-Northern Samar area. By Sunday afternoon, it is expected to be at 30 km West Southwest of Romblon, Romblon.
PSWS #2 (Winds of 61-100 kph is expected in at least 24 hrs)
Visayas: Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar, Biliran, Leyte and Southern Leyte.
Mindanao: Dinagat Island and Siargao Island.
•Moderate damage to agriculture
•Rice and corn adversely affected
•Few large trees uprooted
•Large number of nipa and cogon houses partially or totally unroofed
•Some old galvanized iron roofing may roll off
•Travel by all types of sea vessels is risky
PSWS #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hours)
Luzon: Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon, Masbate including Ticao Island.
Visayas: Northern Cebu including Bantayan Island & Camotes Island and Bohol.
Mindanao: Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Camiguin Island and Agusan del Norte
• Twigs and branches of trees may be broken
• Banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
• Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
• Some nipa and cogon houses may be partially unroofed
• Sea travel of small seacraft and fishing boats is risky
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20 mm per hour (heavy – intense) within the 700 km diameter of the typhoon.
• Moderate to heavy rains within 24 to 36 hours are expected over the areas with Public Storm Warning Signals Numbers 2 and 1. Residents in low lying and mountainous areas are advised to be alert against possible flashfloods and landslides. Moreover, those living near coastal areas are alerted against possible storm surges.
• “RUBY” and the Northeast Monsoon will bring rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboard of Central and Southern Luzon, over the seaboards of Visayas and over the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small seacraft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 11 PM today
Incoming search terms:
- BAGYO RUBY (140)
- ruby bagyo (7)
- typhoon ruby forecast (3)
- weather forecast Ruby PH (2)
- ruby bagyo ph signal manila (2)
- pagasa weather forecast for bagyo ruby (2)
- pagasa bagyo ruby (2)
- location of typhoon ruby (2)
- latest news bagyo ruby (2)
- bagyo runy (1)