SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
FOR: TYPHOON “#RubyPH”(HAGUPIT)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER NINE
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 06 DECEMBER 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
TYPHOON “RUBY” CONTINUES TO THREATEN SAMAR PROVINCES WHILE MAINTAINING ITS COURSE.
• Expected landfall: Sunday morning over the Eastern Samar – Northern Samar area and it will be associated with strong winds, storm surge (up to 4.5 meters) and heavy-intense rainfall.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20 mm per hour (heavy – intense) within the 600 km diameter of the typhoon.
• “RUBY” and the Northeast Monsoon will bring rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboard of Central and Southern Luzon, seaboards of Visayas and over northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small seacraft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards.
• Expected Exit PAR: Wednesday evening.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “RUBY” was located based on all available data at 240 km East Northeast of Borongan, Eastern Samar (12.0°N, 127.6°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 195 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 230 kph
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West at 10 kph.
• 24 hour (tomorrow morning): 45 km North of Borongan, Eastern Samar or at 110 km Southeast of Catarman, Northern Samar.
• 48 hour (Monday morning): 30 km East of Romblon, Romblon or in the vicinity of Sibuyan Island
• 72 hour (Tuesday morning): 150 km West of Calapan City.
Public Storm Warning Signal #3 (Winds of 101-185 kph is expected in at least 18 hrs)
VISAYAS: Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas are alerted against flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 4.5 meters.
• Heavy damage to agricultural plantation, medium and large trees maybe uprooted
• Considerable damage to structure of light to medium construction, while, majority of nipa and cogon houses unroofed or destroyed
• Severe damage to Billboards & signages
• Evacuation to a safer shelters is highly recommended
• Electrical power distribution and communication services maybe severely disrupted
Public Storm Warning Signal #2 (Winds of 61-100 kph is expected in at least 24 hrs)
LUZON: Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon and Masbate including Ticao Island.
VISAYAS: Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Cebu including Cebu City, Bantayan Island and Camotes Island.
MINDANAO: Dinagat Province
• Travel by all types of sea vessels and aircrafts are risky
Residents in low lying and mountainous areas are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Rice and corn maybe adversely affected
• Few large trees uprooted
• Large number of nipa and cogon houses partially or totally unroofed and old galvanized iron roofs may roll off.
• Billboards/Signage may roll off
Public Storm Warning Signal #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hrs)
LUZON: Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Burias Island, Romblon,
Southern Quezon and Marinduque.
VISAYAS: Capiz, Iloilo, Antique, Guimaras, Aklan, Negros Oriental, Negros Occidental, Rest of Cebu, Siquijor and Bohol.
MINDANAO: Surigao del Sur, Surigao del Norte including Siargao Island, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur and Camiguin
• These areas will have occasional rains with occasional gusty winds.
• Twigs and branches of trees maybe broken
• Some banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
• Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
• Some nipa and cogon houses maybe partially unroofed
• Sea travel of small sea crafts and fishing boats is risky
• The public and the disaster coordinating councils concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.