SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER TWELVE
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING: TYPHOON #HenryPH (MATMO)
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 22 JULY 2014
TYPHOON HENRY IS NOW TRAVERSING THE BALINTANG CHANNEL TOWARDS THE EASTERN COAST OF BATANES.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “HENRY” was located based on all available data at 280 km Northeast of Aparri, Cagayan or 240 km Southeast of Basco, Batanes (19.6°N, 124.2°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 130 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 160 kph.
Movement: Forecast to move Northwest at 24 kph.
Forecast Positions: Typhoon “HENRY” is expected to be at 370 km North of Basco, Batanes or in the vicinity of Central Taiwan by tomorrow morning and at 820 km Northwest of Basco, Batanes by Thursday morning.
• PSWS #2 (Winds of 61-100 kph is expected in at least 24 hrs) Batanes Group of Islands.
• PSWS #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hours) Cagayan including Babuyan and Calayan Group of Islands.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 15 mm per hour (moderate – heavy) within the 500 km diameter of the Typhoon.
• HENRY is expected to bring moderate to occasionally heavy rains over Ilocos Region, CAR and Cagayan Valley while the rest of Luzon and Western Visayas will experience monsoon rains. Residents in these areas are advised to be alert against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the eastern, southern and western seaboards of Luzon and the seaboards of Visayas.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.