SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #14
FOR: TYPHOON ?#?DodongPH?
ISSUED AT 11:00 AM, 10 MAY 2015
TYPHOON “DODONG” HAS ACCELERATED AND INTENSIFIED AS IT MOVES CLOSER TO STA. ANA PT., CAGAYAN.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 AM today, the center of Typhoon “DODONG” was located based on Baler doppler radar and all available data at 140 km East Southeast of Tuguegarao City (17.3°N, 123.0°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 185 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 220 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move Northwest at 20 kph.
• 24 hour (Tomorrow morning): 190 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes.(21.8°N, 123.1°E)
• 48 hour (Tuesday morning): 900 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes. (25.2°N, 129.1°E) (outside PAR).
• 72 hour (Wednesday morning): 1660 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (outside PAR). (28.2°N, 136.0°E)
PSWS 4: (171-220 kph Expected in 12hrs.) Northeastern Cagayan, Batanes, Babuyan and Calayan Group of Islands
Wave Height: (Open Sea) more than 14.0 meters
PSWS 3: (121-170 kph Expected in 18hrs.) Rest of Cagayan and Isabela
Wave Height: > Ocean Wave Height: (Open Sea) > 14.0 meters
PSWS 2: (61-120 kph Expected in 24hrs.) Northern Aurora, Kalinga, Mt. Province, Ifugao and Apayao
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 4.1-14.0m
PSWS 1: (30-60 kph Expected in 24hrs.) Rest of Aurora, Abra, Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte and Quirino
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
• Estimated rainfall amount is from heavy to intense within the 150 km diameter of the typhoon.
• It is expected to make landfall over Sta. Ana Pt., Cagayan this afternoon or early evening (May 10), and will exit the PAR by Tuesday morning (May 12).
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas of the provinces with Public Storm Warning Signals are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Storm surges of up to 2.0 meters are possible over Gonzaga and Sta. Ana Cagayan.
• Fisherfolks are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Southern Luzon.
• It is advised to refrain from outdoor activities particularly along beaches of the eastern section of Isabela and Cagayan today (May 10).
• Public Storm Warning Signals elsewhere are now lifted.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today.