“SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
FOR: TYPHOON “?#?RubyPH?”(HAGUPIT)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER FIVE
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 05 DECEMBER 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
Typhoon “ruby” has gained more strength and slightly slowed down as it continues to move west northwest towards eastern visayas.
Location of eye/center At 4:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “RUBY” was located based on all available data at 500 km East of Borongan, Eastern Samar (11.5°N, 130.0°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of 215 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 250 kph
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 13 kph.
• 24 hour (tomorrow morning): 230 km East of Borongan, Eastern Samar
• 48 hour (Sunday morning): 85 km Southeast of Catarman, Northern Samar
• 72 hour (Monday morning): in the vicinity of Romblon, Romblon.
#2 Sorsogon, Ticao Island and Masbate.
Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar, Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Cebu, Cebu City, Bantayan Island and Camotes Island
Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Norte, Dinagat Island and Siargao Island.
#1 Catanduanes, Albay,Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Burias Island and Romblon
Capiz, Iloilo, Negros Oriental, Negros Occidental, Rest of Cebu, Siquijor and Bohol.
Misamis Oriental, Agusan del Sur and Camiguin Island
• Twigs and branches of trees maybe broken
• Some banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
• Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
• Some nipa and cogon houses maybe partially unroofed
• Sea travel of small sea crafts and fishing boats is risky
These areas will have occasional rains with occasional gusty winds.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20 mm per hour (heavy – intense) within the 700 km diameter of the typhoon.
• “RUBY” and the Northeast Monsoon will bring rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboard of Central and Southern Luzon, over the seaboards of Visayas and over the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small seacraft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards. Moreover, those living near coastal areas are alerted against possible storm surges.”
Incoming search terms:
- bohol cyclone ruby (5)
- typhoon warnings Negros oriental (1)