TROPICAL DEPRESSION “QUEENIE” | PAGASA NEWS UPDATE
WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER THREE
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “QUEENIE”
ISSUED AT 4:30 PM, 26 NOVEMBER 2014
“QUEENIE” HAS INTENSIFIED AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE CLOSER TOWARDS THE PROVINCE OF SURIGAO DEL SUR.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “QUEENIE” was estimated based on available data at 60 km East Northeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (8.9°N, 126.5°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of 55 kph near the center.
Movement: Forecast to move West at 24 kph.
Forecast Positions: “QUEENIE” is expected to make landfall over the province of Surigao del Sur in between 5 to 6 PM this afternoon. It will traverse the Northern Mindanao area tonight and the southern part of the Central-Western Visayas area by tomorrow morning. By tomorrow afternoon, it is expected to be at 210 km West of Dumaguete City or at 290 km East of Puerto Princesa City, and at 330 km West Northwest of Puerto Princesa by Friday afternoon. By Friday evening, it will exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) , and is expected to be at 950 km West Northwest of Puerto Princesa by Saturday afternoon.
Signal #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph is expected in at least 36 hours):
•Palawan including the Calamian Group of Islands.
•Southern Negros Occidental and
•Surigao del Norte including Siargao Island,
•Surigao del Sur,
•Agusan del Norte,
•Agusan del Sur,
•Davao del Norte,
•Zamboanga del Norte.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7-15 mm per hour (moderate-heavy) within the 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas of the provinces with PSWS#1 as well as the rest of Mindanao are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the seaboards of Visayas and over the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next bulletin to be issued at 11PM today.
Incoming search terms:
- bagyo queenie (1)
- pagasa weather update philippines (1)
- philippines typhoon queenie (1)
- weather for tonight and to the bagyo robit (1)