ISSUED AT 5:00 PM, 25 July 2017
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 PM today)
THE LOW PRESSURE AREA EAST OF SOUTHERN LUZON HAS DEVELOPED INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION AND WAS NAMED “GORIO”.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “GORIO” was estimated based on all available data at 565 km East of Legazpi City, Albay (13.5°N, 128.9°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 65 km/h.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move North Northwest at 15 km/h.
• 24 Hour( Tomorrow afternoon): 685 km East of Casiguran, Aurora(16.5°N, 128.5°E)
• 48 Hour(Thursday afternoon): 625 km East of Calayan, Cagayan(19.1°N, 127.4°E)
• 72 Hour(Friday afternoon): 455 km East Northeast of Basco, Batanes (21.5°N, 126.2°E)
• 96 Hour(Saturday afternoon):765 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (25.5°N, 127.0°E)
• 120 Hour(Sunday afternoon): 1,135 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (27.5°N, 130.0°E)
NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 11 PM today.
Alvin John P Ferias