The death toll from Typhoon Mina (Nanmadol) rose to seven as of Sunday morning, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.
In its 6 a.m. update, the NDRRMC identified the latest fatality as Ruel Soria, 4, of Sta. Fe village in San Marcelino town in Zambales.
Soria died due to drowning, the NDRRMC said.
At least seven were injured while six remained missing, the NDRRMC added.
The NDRRMC said Mina has so far affected 9,456 families or 44,927 people in 177 villages in 35 towns and three cities in 11 provinces.
Of these, 1,520 families or 7,299 people are being served in 42 evacuation centers.
Some 13 houses were destroyed while 27 were damaged.
In Cagayan Valley, a motor banca sank Saturday afternoon off Sta. Ana in Cagayan due to big waves. No one was reported injured.
At least eight bridges in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley and Metro Manila, and 20 road sections in Ilocos, Cagayan Valley and Cordillera were impassable, the NDRRMC said.
In Quezon City, it said the bridge at Silangan village was temporarily closed due to a crack at the riprap support of the bridge. — LBG, GMA News
Incoming search terms:
- mga larawan ng bagyong sendong (11)
- latest bagyo sa pilipinas (4)
- ilan ang namatay sa bagyong yolanda (2)
- LARAWAN NG BAGYONG YOLANDA (2)
- bagyo na tumama sa pilipinas noong hulyo 2013 (1)
- bagyo sa pinas update (1)
- ilan namatay sa bagyong yolanda (1)
- pilipinas bagyong yulanda (1)