Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — From tropical storm, weather disturbance Lando (international known as Koppu) has intensified into a typhoon threatening the provinces of Aurora and Isabela.
In its 5 a.m. update, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) raised Storm Signal No. 1 over the following areas:
Quezon including Polillo Island
Light to moderate rains with occasionally gusty winds are to be expected over these areas.
As of 4 a.m. on Friday (October 16), Lando was spotted at 670 km east of Baler, Aurora.
It has maximum sustained winds of 120 kph near the center, with a gustiness of up to 150 kph.
PAGASA advised fisherfolk not to go out to the northern and western seaboards of Northern Luzon, the western seaboard of Central Luzon, and the eastern seaboard of the Visayas.
Incoming search terms:
- hanggang kailan sa pilipinas ang bagyong lando (1)
- pagasa 24 hour public weather forecast (1)
- pagasa update on typhoon today (1)
- pagasa update signals (1)
- typhoon lando baguio (1)
- typhoon signal in baguio (1)
- weather philippines pagasa today (1)