Google Philippines late Thursday set up a Public Alerts page and a Crisis Map for Typhoon Ruby (Hagupit) days in advance of the storm’s expected arrival on Saturday.
The Google Public Alerts page for Typhoon Ruby (Hagupit) displays information from PAGASA about the location, strength, and trajectory of the typhoon, updated in real-time.
Recommended actions and relevant Twitter posts from both government agencies and the media can also be found on the page.
The alerts will also be displayed on Google Search, Google Maps, and Google Now, depending on the location and search query of the user.
Google has also put up a Crisis Map, with crowdsourced information about evacuation centers and traffic alerts from Waze users:
Incoming search terms:
- saturday bagyo ruby (2)
- bagyo ruby philippines (2)
- pagasa weather update philippines bagyong ruby (2)
- Radar Weather Map typhoon Ruby (1)
- philippine weather for storm ruby map (1)
- pagasa philippines on Storm Ruby (1)
- Maps of bagyong ruby (1)
- google weather forecast philippines (1)
- google weather forecast of typhoon ruby (1)
- google maps weather bagyon ruby (1)