SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #30
FOR: Tropical Storm “URDUJA” (KAI-TAK)
Tropical Cyclone: WARNING
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 17 December 2017
“URDUJA” REMAINS SLOW-MOVING OVER THE NORTHERN PORTION OF SAMAR.
• Scattered to at times widespread rains will continue over Western Visayas, Bicol Region, Southern Quezon, Batangas, Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, Romblon, Cuyo Islands, and Calamian Group of Islands. Residents of these areas must undertake appropriate measures against flooding and landslides and coordinate with their local disaster risk reduction and management offices. Meanwhile, rains over the rest of Visayas is forecast to gradually weaken.
• Sea travel remains risky over the seaboards of areas under Tropical Cyclone Warning Signals.
• Meanwhile, at 4:00 AM today, the Tropical Depression outside the PAR was estimated based on all available data at 2,040 km East of Mindanao (5.1°N, 144.5°E) with maximum sustained winds of 40 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 50 km/h.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Storm “URDUJA” was estimated based on all available data at In the vicinity of Calbayog City, Samar (12.2°N, 124.8°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of up to 65 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 110 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West at 13 kph.
• 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 60 km North Northeast of Cuyo, Palawan (11.3°N, 121.3°E)
• 48 Hour(Tuesday morning): 120 km North Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (10.7°N, 118.3°E)
• 72 Hour(Wednesday morning): 360 km West of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (9.5°N, 115.5°E)
• 96 Hour(Thursday morning): 675 km West of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR) (8.6°N, 112.7°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS #2 (61-120kph expected in 24 hrs)
Sorsogon, Masbate including Ticao Island, Romblon, and Cuyo Islands Northern Samar, northern part of Samar, Biliran, Aklan, Capiz, northern part of Antique, and northern part of Iloilo
TCWS #1(30-60kph expected in 36 hrs)
Southern part of Occidental Mindoro, southern part of Oriental Mindoro Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, Albay, Burias Island, and northern portion of Palawan including Calamian Group of Islands Rest of Iloilo, rest of Antique, Guimaras, northern part of Negros Occidental, northern part of Cebu, Leyte, Eastern Samar, and Rest of Samar
Tropical Cyclone Warning Signals elsewhere have been lifted. The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 8 AM today.