SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #1
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “CRISING”
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 5:00 PM, 14 April 2017
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 8 PM today)
THE LOW PRESSURE AREA (LPA) EAST OF MINDANAO HAS DEVELOPED INTO A TROPICAL DEPRESSION AND WAS NAMED “CRISING”.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to occasionally heavy within the 250 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
• Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal 1 may be raised over Masbate, Sorsogon, Albay, and Biliran provinces in the next bulletin at 8 PM tonight.
Location of eye/center: At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “CRISING” was estimated based on all available data at 555 km East of Maasin City, Southern Leyte (10.4°N, 129.9°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 45 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 55 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West Northwest at 22 kph.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow afternoon): 45 km North of Borongan City, Eastern Samar (12.0°N, 125.5°E)
• 48 Hour (Sunday afternoon):In the vicinity of Victoria, Oriental Mindoro (13.2°N, 121.3°E)
• 72 Hour (Monday afternoon): 365 km West Northwest of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro (14.2°N, 117.9°E)
• 96 Hour (Tuesday afternoon):290 km West Northwest of Iba, Zambales (16.0°N, 117.4°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS1 (30-60 kph Expected in 36 hours): Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar, and northern portion of Leyte.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
Impacts of the wind:
• Very light or no damage to low risk structures,
• Light damage to medium to high risk structures
• Slight damage to some houses of very light materials or makeshift structures in exposed communities. Some banana plants are tilted, a few downed and leaves are generally damaged
• Twigs of small trees may be broken.
• Rice crops, however, may suffer significant damage when it is in its flowering stage.
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 8 PM today.
Incoming search terms:
- bagyong crising april 14 (1)