SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #9
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “#AgatonPH”
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 5:00 PM, 02 January 2018
“#AgatonPH” HAS MAINTAINED ITS STRENGTH AS IT MOVES CLOSER TO PALAWAN.
• Moderate to heavy rains is expected over the areas with TCWS#1 as well as Bicol Region, Samar provinces, Southern Quezon, Panay Island and the rest of MIMAROPA. Residents of these areas must undertake precautionary measures against possible flooding and landslides and coordinate with their respective local disaster risk reduction and management offices.
• Sea travel is risky over the areas under TCWS #1 and the seaboards of Northern Luzon and Southern Luzon, eastern seaboard of Central Luzon, eastern and western seaboards of Visayas, and eastern seaboard of Mindanao due to the surge of Northeast Monsoon and TD “AGATON”.
• “AGATON” is expected to make landfall over Palawan tonight.
Location of eye/center At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “AGATON” was estimated based on all available data at 185 km East Southeast of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (9.2°N, 120.3°E).
Strength Maximum winds of up to 55 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 65 kph.
Forecast Movement Forecast to move West at 28 kph.
• 24 Hour(Tomorrow afternoon): 530 km West Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR) (11.3°N, 114.2°E)
• 48 Hour(Thursday afternoon):760 km Northwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR) (14.8°N, 108.3°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS #1 (30-60kph expected in 36 hrs)
Palawan including Cuyo Island
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 8 PM today.